click for fun!!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

a meaningful teacher's day..


my school celebrated it yesterday. a usual teacher's day celebration, except for the poor students' performance. huhu im not their coach ok..:)

this year i got quite a number of gifts from my students, but what made my eyes teary was that the naughtiest boy in the class (Suteshkumar, 2H) looking for me one whole day (their friends said) just to give me a gift. a small gift but means a lot to me. how naughty he is, everyday we could see him in front of discipline room, sit on the corner waiting to be punished. he ponteng every class except for english, which he admitted yesterday that he only ponteng my class 2 times. the others, almost everytime :)


i wrote this entry not to boast about the gifts that i got but the changes that we could bring to the students especially to the naughty ones. the boy was once very lazy, but he always bring my english books. one day, when i asked the students to do the Index in their Literature notebooks, he was puzzled. i could see it from his face, he didnt understand my instructions (although i intstructed it in both english and malay. its normal as the students here mostly chinese and indians, they went to the Tamil and Chinese school so they hardly understand malay). so what i did is, i asked him to come to my table and i helped him to do that task. after that his behavior changed, he will listen to what i say.

sometimes students just need our patience and understanding, don't just get mad at them without doing anything..

went back home with a smile on my face, with a paperbag full of gifts (to show it to my Hubby, he always say that my students don't bother me..now i want to show him that he is wrong :)


4 comments:

hunnyhafeez said...

teacher, d last picas was not urs ok.. hehehehe... :))

bibopp said...

cool.aku dpt adiah 4 biji jek

Unknown said...

yess but suka the colourful look :) tau la kamu punye :p

Unknown said...

beep: ok la tue...tahun lepas aku putih mata je :)