last night i forgot to explain more on why acidic food is dangerous for our body and why we should eat more alkaline food.
Human blood pH should be slightly alkaline ( 7.35 - 7.45 ). Below or above this range means symptoms and disease. A pH of 7.0 is neutral. A pH below 7.0 is acidic. A pH above 7.0 is alkaline.
An acidic pH can occur from, an acid forming diet, emotional stress, toxic overload, and/or immune reactions or any process that deprives the cells of oxygen and other nutrients. The body will try to compensate for acidic pH by using alkaline minerals. If the diet does not contain enough minerals to compensate, a build up of acids in the cells will occur.
An acidic balance will: decrease the body's ability to absorb minerals and other nutrients, decrease the energy production in the cells, decrease it's ability to repair damaged cells, decrease it's ability to detoxify heavy metals, make tumor cells thrive, and make it more susceptible to fatigue and illness. A blood pH of 6.9, which is only slightly acidic, can induce coma and death.
Because of factors like diet and stress, many people in the industrialized world have bodies that are too acidic and over-burdened with toxins, and so are afflicted with health problems that run the gamut from minor and major skin irritations to depression, chronic fatigue and back pain to arthritis, ulcers, osteoporosis and cancer.
Just consider the following facts:
- Diseased bodies are unbalanced, having a high concentration of acidity in their tissues and the blood. And yet the absence of this balance is rarely noticed by our standard medical tests. So tests may show you are fine, but you feel otherwise.
- The #1 cause of excess acidity is waste products left behind by incomplete digestion. We need hydrochloric acid to digest our food. The more difficult a food is to digest, the more acid is required to digest it.
- In general difficult-to-digest means acid-forming, and easy-to-digest means alkaline.
- Health is easier to achieve and maintain if one consumes four times as much alkaline food as acidic food. When such an ideal ratio is maintained, the body usually has a balanced body chemistry and strong resistance against disease.
The more alkaline foods are excellent for almost everyone, with certain exceptions like patients of ulcer, allergy and sugar-sensitivity -- who may react to sweet fruits or other specific foods.
To help you get started in improving your health, take a look at this list of alkaline and acidic foods:
Alkaline-to-Acid Food List
Lower down foods become less alkaline and more acid-forming (usually more difficult to digest)
The best foods, also good for detox-diet
- Lemon/calamansi water with a pinch of salt
- Herb tea
- Honey (a little)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut water
- Citric fruit juice
- Other fruit juices
- Vegetable juice
- Lactobacteria drinks without milk
- Citric fruits
- Juicy fruits
- All other fruits including super-ripe banana (except 4 starchy fruits below)
- Green leafy vegetables and sea vegetables , sprouts
- All other vegetables (except 2 starchy veggies in next category, and 3 listed at bottom of chart)
- Extra virgin oil produced without heat friction- best flax oil, hemp oil, then coconut and olive oil