click for fun!!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

i miss you.......



How It Used To Be

© Melanie Edwards

I remember how it used to be
when nothing else matter but you and me
music, country roads, and future dreams.

I miss you, I wish you could see
although you are here, I miss you and me.

I remember when you said how happy I made you
and you really meant it...now, it's just a phrase
you say without thinking.

I miss those days when you'd call just to say "hi"
or "I love you"...the days it was so hard
just to say good-bye for a while.

I remember how wonderful it felt the first time
you held me in your arms-and how after all those
years you still made my heart melt.

I miss the old you- and the old me
The old us that could just sit and talk for hours
and never run out of things to say.

I remember when time simply stood still-
when in each other's arms is the only place
we wanted to be...forever.

I miss us as I remember how it used to be...
when nothing else matter but you and me.


Source: How It Used To Be, I Miss You Poems and Stories http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/sad_love/poetry.asp?poem=22030#ixzz1TZkHrzpi 
Family Friend Poems 

No comments: